Follow the basic rules prior to send an email to the professor.
- No grammar or spelling mistakes.
- Proper punctuation, capitalization, etc. Good English.
- No long emails. Should be around 5 to 7 sentences or less.
- Email-only on weekdays ( think of weekdays in Canada)
- Do NOT attach anything like a resume or your research paper, etc. in the first email as it can end up to into SPAM folder
- Read a few research papers published by the professor before emailing.
- Use proper technical jargon related to their research
- Refer to the professor as “Dr. LAST NAME of Professor”. No Dear or Hi, etc.
- Try to highlight the key research area or your project in bold or underline.
- Do NOT refer to local companies or anything that is local to your country.
- Do NOT ask directly if you will get funding in the first email
Join our platform Cholo Bidesh Jai to get the best mentor!